Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I would just like to say how shocked I was at our discussion today in class. I was blown away by some of the comments made by my fellow classmates as well as close friends. I would just like to comment on which ones bothered me, but not elaborate on them because I am a little mad (actually furious as well as offended and discriminated against) to write about it. I disagree with the following comments made by students in class today:
  1. That Eck is taking a way too optimistic approach to religious diversity and pluralism and therefore, paints this picture of a utopian society that is seen as impossible and thus, cannot be achieved.
  2. The discriminatory, prejudiced, and bigoted remark made about women leading Friday prayer in Islamic practice.
Because I am so upset by this one comment, I am going to refrain from making any remarks today and wait until I cool down from my fury. However, I would just like to say that I feel some people in class today were hypocritical with their remarks and beliefs. Till tomorrow when I continue this discussion further, goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home